I don't know what is more fun about Independence Day weekend, the palpable excitement in the air, an excuse to bbq like crazy with family and friends or all the awesome events to choose from! Over the last couple of days I have seen several people asking around about fireworks and family friendly fun in the area for the coming holiday, which got me to wondering what our options actually were here in the Southern Puget Sound. Let me tell you, there are PLENTY of good ones out there, near and far. Not wanting to keep all this goodness to myself I created a list, by date, of all the fun stuff going on this Independence Day weekend from Olympia to Kent!
-South Sound Speedway Independence Day Celebration Fireworks Show. Race starts at 6:30pm and tickets range from $18-20 for adults/teens (13-17) $10 kids (6-12) and free for 5 and under.
- Bremerton Bridge Blast is new to the area! It is the first bridge fireworks show over the water in Washington in recent history and the largest over the water show in Kitsap County. It will take place on the Manette Bridge at roughly 10:15pm on July 1st. Before you hit that up though, start your day with The Street Fair at the Louis Mentor Boardwalk from 12-10pm! There will be live entertainment, vendors and an air show! I am told you can see both the fireworks and the air show from Evergreen Park.
-Lacey's 51st annual Fireworks Spectacular and Freedom Concert. Located at Rainier Vista Community Park from 4-11 pm. Enjoy a night full of free music, fun fireworks and lots more. Admission is free and there is free, on-site parking that opens at 3 pm. Be aware while most things are free, not everything will be! There will be food trucks, vendors and it sounds like they got a bouncy fun zone this year! There will be a live band starting at 5pm and the fireworks will begin roughly around 10.
-JBLM Freedom Fest! Festivities begin on July 3rd from 12-7pm for DOD ID cardholders and their guests only. There will be no fireworks on the 3rd, BUT there will be a lot of fun still to be had! We're talking carnival rides, AC/DC tribute band, games, climbing wall, vendors, clowns, magicians...
- Tacoma Rainer's play the Albuquerque Isotopes at Cheney Stadium with the opening pitch thrown at 7:05pm. There will be a special fireworks show after the game in a early celebration of the 4th!
-Poulsbo 3rd of July Fireworks is going to be a hoppin place! The event goes from 12-10pm with the fireworks from roughly 10:15-10:20pm down at Muriel Iverson Williams Waterfront Park & Anderson Parkway Downtown Poulsbo. From vendors to music to pie eating contests, Poulsbo has it all with it's own Viking touch.
-Tumwater's Artesian Family Festival and Thunder Valley Fireworks Show sounds like it's an all day event! It starts bright and early with the Fairways and Fireworks Fore on the 4th Fun Run over at the Tumwater Valley Golf Club, followed by the Independence Day Parade at 11am down Captiol Bvld to Isreal Road. Better take a power nap and a breather while you wait for the Festival and Fireworks show to start later that night at 6pm, because it is going to full of wonderful things to do! Located at the Tumwater Valley Golf Course, admission will be free and there will be on-site parking available for just $10. Be prepared for lots of music, food bouncy houses and much more!
- Roy 4th of July Parade will be happening from 12-1pm on Warrent and James Streets!
-JBLM Freedom Fest! Welcome all! Yup that's right. July 4th 11am-10:30pm JBLM will be open to the public to share in the festivities! There is will be of course fireworks, but also carnival rides, LOTS of music, carnival acts, vendors, games, kids shows and more fun stuff. For a full schedule click here.
- Steilacoom's festivities are hard to find details for, but there is something historic and potientialy awesome going down there. lol Located down on Lafayette St possibly starting at 9am - 11pm? again sorry about the fuzzy details. *ETA* I found some more info for Steilacoom!! Thank you facebook. lol So it looks like Steilcoom will be hosting a big bash starting bright and early at 8 am and going until 11 pm! It will be made up of the Street Fair throughout the day, the Parade from 1-2pm and of course fireworks in the evening!
-Tacoma's Freedom Fair Car & Air Show is going to be crammed packed full of music, food, and entertainment! Really there is too much going on to put it all here, so check out the link above for more details! Located down at Tacoma Ruston Way Waterfront from 10 am - 10:30 pm.
-Auburn's 4th Of July Festival, from what I can tell, has no fireworks and is more of late morning/early afternoon affair. It begins at 11am-4pm at Les Gove Park with a bike parade, entertainment, a car show, rides, trampolines, a rock wall, mini golf and many many other fun activities for the whole family! It is free for admission, but there will be wristbands ($5) for sale for unlimited activities.
-Federal Way's Red, White, and Blues Festival doesn't have too many details for it, but we know it's going to be awesome fun and located at Celebration Park from 3-11pm! It is free admission, but there is limited on-site parking so plan accordingly.
-Kent's Fourth Of July Splash on the shores of Lake Meridian sounds like a blast! This day of excitement is from 12-10:30pm and crammed full of goodness. On top of several live performances, there will be bouncy houses, food booths, old fashioned games, pie eating contests and so much more! Fireworks will begin roughly at 10 pm. For details about the shuttle service click the link above.
- Port Orchard's WAVE Grand Fireworks Show will be located at Sinclair Inlet and set off from 10:30-11:55pm
Please let me know if I missed something! I know there are a LOT more events, concerts and other activities, so please feel free to share them in the comments below.
Have a spectacular and safe Independence day y'all!